Whether you’re laying out on the beach, traveling on a plane, or relaxing in your living room, you can never go wrong with a good book.
Because our ever-expanding book list is full of great design, marketing, and inspirational reads, we decided to share our top picks with you.
- In Progress: See Inside a Lettering Artist's Sketchbook and Process, from Pencil to Vector by Jessica Hische
From Wes Anderson movies to book covers, award-wining designer Jessica Hische’s work can be seen just about everywhere. In this in-depth book, Hische shares her process to creating her one-of-a-kind hand-lettering.
- The Design of Everyday Things by Don Norman
What makes a design successful? Cognitive scientist Don Norman explains how design is more than just looking good, it’s about how the overall design affects the user.
- Draplin Design Co.: Pretty Much Everything by Aaron James Draplin
Portland-based graphic designer Aaron Draplin provides a colorful look into his unique design process. Pretty Much Everything is true to its title. It’s filled with personal stories, a collection of work, and valuable advice for new designers
- Logo Design Love: A Guide to Creating Iconic Brand Identities by David Airey
What makes a logo iconic? Logo Design Love is a must read for designers and marketers alike. Find out what sets strong logos apart from the competition and learn how to create a design of your own.
- Growth Hacker Marketing: A Primer on the Future of PR, Marketing, and Advertising by Ryan Holiday
Marketer Ryan Holiday explains how brands like Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest became household names without using traditional marketing tactics. Holiday provides a guide for all marketers (no matter what budget) and shows how you can hype up your products and raise brand awareness.
- Hug Your Haters: How to Embrace Complaints and Keep Your Customers by Jay Baer
In an ideal world, every customer would be happy and satisfied. Unfortunately, this isn’t the reality. Find out how you can turn your complaints into an opportunity to improve your business.
- Contagious: Why Things Catch On by Jonah Berger
Why do some products go viral while others fizzle? Jonah Berger shares how word of mouth and social influence determine what becomes popular.
- Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content by Ann Handley
Whether you’re writing a blog or captioning a picture, the words you choose are conveying a message. Find out how to hone your writing skills and create better written content.
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
Fans of Eat Pray Love can continue to find inspiration with Gilbert’s latest book. Through soul searching and exercises in mindfulness, Big Magic illustrates how to unlock your creativity and discover what drives you.
- Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative by Austin Kleon
Nothing is original. Instead, artists and creatives of every background need to embrace and tap into what makes them different.
- The Creative Habit: Learn It and Use It for Life by Twyla Tharp
Award winning choreographer Twyla Tharp shares how you can make creativity part of your daily life through a series of exercises.
- Creative Confidence: Unleashing the Creative Potential Within Us All by Tom Kelley
You don’t need an artistic background to think creatively. Kelley shares insight that can help creatives and non-creatives alike become innovators.
Hue & Tone Creative: YOUR GREENSBORO MARKETING FIRM
Don't have the time become a self-taught marketing expert? Don't worry, we already know everything we need to launch a game-changing marketing campaign for your business! From brand refreshes to event marketing, we can help you get your message across.