With 467 million members in more than 200 countries, LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network. Business leaders, C-level execs, job seekers, and decision makers alike all utilize the platform – and they’re all waiting to hear from your business.
Using LinkedIn for business can help you attract talent, increase your supplier base, generate new leads, and help you show off your brand’s personality. From sales to HR to operations, LinkedIn can benefit every branch of your business.
Ready to step up your LinkedIn posting game? We’ve compiled a list of content ideas to help you get noticed:
- Milestones: New products, new employees, and work anniversaries are the perfect content for LinkedIn!
- Job Openings: This one almost goes without saying, but if you have a job opening be sure to spread the word on LinkedIn.
- Original Content: Distribute your blog posts through LinkedIn to help drive traffic to your site.
- Opinions: Does your business have a philosophy that sets you apart? Share it! Just be sure to keep the political opinions for Facebook (or, ideally, off of social media altogether).
- Industry specific tips: How have you gotten ahead? What works or doesn’t work for your business? Forge a connection by sharing your personal experience (this is great for B2B).
- SlideShare: Presenting at a conference? Hosting a round table? Presenting your process to a client? Share your presentations and show people a behind-the-scenes look at what it would be like to work with you.
- Videos: Share promo videos, tutorials of your product, and behind-the-scenes video! Leveraging video is the way of the future.
- Events: Talk up events you’ve recently attended or are planning to go to. And, be sure to post pictures from the event! It’s a great way to connect with others attendees you might not have gotten to chat with in person.
- Content from industry sources: See an article that interests you? Go ahead and share it if you can loosely tie it to your work!
- Podcasts: Promote an industry podcast that has given you good insight.
- Make a playlist: Make a Spotify playlist to coincide with the release of a new product.
- Start a LinkedIn Group: Posting on your own page isn’t the only way to get active on LinkedIn – starting a group (or participating in an existing one) is a great way to connect with people one-on-one.
YOU TRY IT:
Push yourself to come up with a set number of posting ideas SPECIFIC TO YOUR BUSIneSS (we suggest at least 50 ideas TO Start). You can look back at this list any time you're stumped for content! And, it's a great jumping off point for creating a content calendar.
Now that that's out of the way, we suggest creating a list of content tailored to your industry. We've got a few more specific ideas started for you:
Accountants: Changes in tax code for the upcoming year, downloadable resources (think spending trackers, tip sheets, etc.), personal saving tips, differences between 401ks + IRAs, steps for setting up your own corporation, important date reminders/deadlines.
Nonprofits: Images from community events and fundraisers, volunteer opportunities, volunteer spotlights, statistics, infographics, donation impact breakdown, recent trends, inspirational quotes, profiles of people your organization has helped.
Hospitality/hotels: videos of the property, 360 room views, specials, seasonal activities in the area, local festivals, travel tips, nearby restaurants, staff profiles, new property openings, awards/accolades.
Real Estate Agents: Virtual tours, before & after images of homes you sold, housing stock data, neighborhood information/profiles, new home owner checklist, first time buyer financing information, weekly open house schedules, tips for finding the right agent/mortgage broker, moving checklist, property inspection steps, new listings.
Social Media Services for Greensboro and beyond: Hue & Tone
If you’re struggling to come up with original content ideas perhaps it’s time to bring in a little help. Hue & Tone Creative can help you create visually appealing, original content for every social media platform. If you’re interested in boosting your web traffic, raising brand awareness, and reaching new customers give us a call today to learn more about our social media management options.