Think your business needs to be on Pinterest, but not sure what you should be pinning?
Having a profile on every platform is guaranteed to turn people off if your profiles are weak or inactive. Focus your energy on 2 or 3 platforms to avoid your social presence declining over time.
We’ll start by saying not every business should be on Pinterest. One of our top tips for clients (especially small business clients) is to start out by putting your energy into the 2 or 3 social media platforms that make the most sense for your business. This will help keep you focused on connecting with potential clients -- instead of scrambling on a daily basis to develop content. Plus, once you’ve mastered 2 or 3 platforms, you can always branch out!
Pinterest is the platform for you if you’re looking to reach women -- specifically those with disposable income. If you’re a luxury brand, designer, clothing retailer, or restaurant Pinterest is a smart platform to test out. It’s also great for those in the wedding industry, or those whose business will appeal to moms.
No matter what your business, there’s a few board ideas every business Pinner should consider. Use these topics to come up with creative board themes tailored to your business:
- Your products: Display the products you make or sell on different product boards. If you have an overwhelming amount of merchandise, consider creating separate boards for different product lines or collections.
- How-to's: How to style an outfit, make your own bouquets, swaddle a baby, or make a craft! The options are endless!
- Industry resources: Compile useful videos and articles -- as well as content from your own website.
- Your work/portfolio: Show off your best work or developing projects on a dedicated Pinterest board.
- Behind-the-scenes: Give clients and customers a glimpse into a regular day at your store or office.
- User + customers pics: Pull together photos users have submitted via social media in one place! It’s a great way to show off real people using your product.
- Press coverage: Aggregate all of your press mentions in one place.
- Quotes (Industry related)
- Your blog: Pin images from your blog to get maximum referrer traffic!
- Examples of great work: Show off your style by pinning aspirational examples.
- Mission/values: Don’t just tell us what your company stands for -- show us. Show us the non-profits your organization supports, pin results-driven case studies, and create custom graphics focused around your guiding principles.
- Guest Pinners: Have an industry leader craft a board for you -- they’ll send traffic your way and increase your credibility.
- Meet the team: Snap a few pictures of your team members and help people get to know them with a few informal facts.
- Customer Favorites: Have a product that’s selling like crazy? Highlight it on Pinterest for even more sales!
Looking for even more? We’ve got a few industry-focused suggestions.
Not sure what theme to go with? Don't over think it! Consider organizing boards by things like color, style, or room type! For example: “Reds, Midcentury Modern, Kitchens, Stripes.”
Coffee Shop: Espresso drink recipes, frozen drinks, tea recipes, your merchandise, fancy coffee photography, coffee/tea branding, food recipes, holiday drinks, brunch ideas, fall inspiration, coffee quotes
Weddings: Event venues, honeymoon destinations, flower arrangements/types, creative table settings, creative reuse/repurposing, dress/hair inspiration, plated meals, dessert ideas, creative Hors d’oeuvres, catering inspiration, menu display ideas, table numbers, seating charts, party drinks, centerpiece ideas
Marketing: Words in the wild, photo editing tips, brand identity inspiration, content marketing stats, podcast marketing, blogging for business, fonts/type, video marketing, templates, clever advertising, the best of the web, infographics, flat lays, photography tips, different holiday graphics boards, tutorials
Kids/Babies: Nursery ideas, cute kid photography, Fathers/Mothers day, baby proofing, holiday activities, free/cheap summer activities, recommended reading, pregnancy, prenatal/birth photography, prepping for baby, back to school, maternity style, kid style/outfits, gifts for kids
Lifestyle: Summer entertaining ideas, gifts for him/her/a specific holiday, urban backyards, staycation ideas, pantry + kitchen organization, small space hacks, playlists, Etsy finds
The ideas are endless! But, no matter what you want to focus on, the important thing is to get out there and start pinning quality content.
Looking for ideas tailored specifically to your business? We can help with that! Contact us about our social media services today.